Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ImagiNation and a fourth month long painting rutt

It's been quite a while since I've last posted and unfortunately I don't really have much to show for it. After painting up a storm for about three weeks in which I started and sculpted / painted 95% of a space fleet and received the start of my ImagiNation project, I've been stuck in one of the worst rutts of my short painting carrier.

I liken myself to a mercurial Russian hockey player, my point (painting) production comes in short, but vary effective, bursts. But to my dismay, once that burst ends, I go into month long slumps.

In an effort to end this rutt, I've attempted multiple cures and while I've not been able to pick up the brush in a while, I've managed to get a lot of administrative work for my various projects done.

Another cure I'm going to attempt is to post more on this blog and I'm going to bite a couple of other blogs I usually read and insert Beer and other alcohol reviews along with my figures.

To attempt to end my drought I set up a makeshift photo booth and took some snapshots of what I currently have finished for my ImagiNation project.

Primo Squadrone of the Grappa Proprio Riggimento Ussari
Figures are Front Rank Seven Years War Austrian Mounted Pandours.

I'm quite fond of this figure, when paired with the command group for the regiment its as if he is showing the head of the last commander to the current one.

The first test model I painted to get the color scheme down. Hungarian Seven Years War model from Front Rank. Going to be one of the officers in my line infantry unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment