Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Update #1: Back in Action

Well, it has been a long time since my last blog post and prior to dropping off the face of the wargaming blog world, I had quite a good run of posts going.  Cause of my disappearance? I was posted since the 5th of June to a Head Quarters unit within the Canadian Forces as a Signals (communications) Officer.  After two months of sitting in front of a computer for seven hours a day, five days a week, I had some trouble summoning the willpower to do anything other then rest my eyes, read and enjoy the company of my better half.  I guess it does not help that the temperature in Kingston has be rather nasty from May onward, humidity standing in the mid-70s to 90% and the lowest its has been in terms of temperature is 23*C.

The high humidity and heat has not made it easy for painting as well.  Even with over-soaking my wet palette with to much water, the paint was drying to fast to effectively use.  My bottle of flow improver is almost empty as I have had to save most of my paint collection from drying out in bottle (fuck you GW and your crappy designs).

Anyway, I plan on posting at a more regular pace and maybe increasing my follower count past the seven that have added me to their reading list.  In the next week or so I will be posting up pictures from my trip last week to HistoriCon in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

To end this report, I shall add in some pictures of my current paint station layout and the models I have managed to finish over the last calendar year!


The set of cards for the Maurice ruleset can be seen at the bottom of the picture, I hope to get some games and battle reports done over the next month.


Duchy of Libations in the back, Malifaux in the middle-front and some newly completed models for my line infantry regiment can be seen unbased (I can't find my wood filler :-/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment