Monday, August 13, 2012

ImagiNation: Standing at a crossroad

It has now been a little over a year since I started my first ImagiNation army and after a lot of painting and thinking, I have reached a crossroad in my project.  Originally I based and structured my project for a modified version of Too Fat Lardies Sharp Practice ruleset.  Originally meant for the Napoleonic period of warfare, it was not the best ruleset to use with mid-18th Century style warfare (IE: Seven Years War).  What with the release of Sam Mustafa's Maurice ruleset and its adoption as my current one, I have been thinking hard on the best way to structure my project.  This is the crossroad I am speaking of.

I have taken the leap of faith and decided to completely restructure how each unit I field is organized.  Instead of fielding multiple "companies" of 6, 8 or 10 figures (each of these being represented as "unit" in Maurice), I am going to be fielding standard sized units of 16 figures, with command included in this number.  For the time being, I will be fielding regiments of two battalions, for a total of 32 figures a battalion.

I won't be rebasing my miniatures, as having them individually based on 25mm round bases allows me to restructure my army at any time in order to play with other ImagiNation gamers.  For ease of movement I will be getting custom made a LARGE number of 2x2 movement trays with again using a standard 60mm x 60mm size as Maurice uses Base Size to determine movement.  Only slight snag to this will be my Light Skirmish unit, which will have custom 2x2 skirmish movement trays.  I will count these as being 60mm x 60mm in any case to keep movement simple.

In my next post I will show off the first completed battalion for my ImagiNation project.

No comments:

Post a Comment