Sunday, January 29, 2012

2011 in review

I know its 29 days since the beginning of 2012, but it is high time that I sat down and looked at what I have actually done over the last 365 days.

1. Started an ImagiNation army: This was the major project for the year. As it stands right now, I have painted up 23 infantry and 10 cavalry. Not that much I know, but considering I only began the project in ernest six months ago and four of those six were spent in a funk, its not toooooo terrible in terms of production..

Goal for 2012: I have ether on hand or ordered 95% of the models I need to complete this project. I hope to finish 100% the whole army and once it suits my needs, add on new units here and there.

2. Custom space fleet: It took me about 3 weeks to sculpt and paint 53 ships. Production tapered off rather quickly after that surprising outburst of painting, but it still stands now that I have a rather large fleet in which to play with. I still have to sit down and actually design the load outs for each ship class, but since I have had a bit of a personal lul in space ship gaming, its not high on my priority list.

Goal for 2012: I have the material to produce another dozen of ships, so once my attention inevitably shifts back to painting spaceships, I will have some more models to build. Also as a goal is to design each ship class and play at least half a dozen games with them by years end.

3. 15mm Continuation War: Almost like my spaceships, I had a huge outburst of creative power and painted up a huge number of figures. Then again, its not all that difficult considering the scale in which the models are. After some wheeling and dealing with other members of my wargaming group, I have traded for 15mm Finns and Germans to face my hoard as well as some terrain on which to play.

Goal for 2012: Paint the German complement to my project, build some more terrain and get at least a few games in. Secondary goal is to look into a new ruleset to use as the current one is only alright at best.

Looking back on previous posts, my readers might be wondering what happened to all the other projects I had ongoing during 2011. Well to be honest, as I'm graduating soon enough and will have to make the move west to British Columbia, I went through a period of wholesale consolidation. In order to further higher priority projects, I traded away many of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment